The long life grinding wheel’ processing must have strict processing specifications and maintenance and use programs. Here are some tips for you.
1. The grinding process is more complicated than other cutting processes. The cutting process of abrasive grains includes sliding, ploughing and cutting. The grinding process of diamond grinding wheel consists of three stages: spark cutting, stable grinding and spark cleaning.
2. The elastic deformation and plastic deformation during grinding are large. Other cutting methods are less common and directly affect the dimensional accuracy, roughness, grinding heat, surface quality and grinding efficiency of the machined workpiece. In the use of the grinding wheel, it is necessary to understand the critical condition that the elastic zone is transformed into a plastic zone and the plastic zone is transformed into a cutting zone.
3. Compared with general machining, in general grinding wheel cutting, the tangential force is much larger than the normal force, and the grinding is characterized by the normal force about 24 times the tangential force, the grinding system stiffness. It has a great impact on it. The grinding force consists of two parts: cutting force and friction. In the case of rough grinding, the cutting force is dominant, and in the case of fine grinding, the friction is dominant.
4. Grinding is a kind of energy-consuming processing method, which is 20 times larger than other processing methods. It is necessary to pay attention to the influence of grinding heat and temperature increase on processing.
5. When refining, ensure the size, roundness and precision of the diamond grinding wheel.